For those on a complex pill regime, taking prescribed medication at the right dose and at the right time can be confusing and difficult. Not taking medication as prescribed can have major consequences, particularly if the person is elderly or vulnerable.
A key benefit of Careousel automatic pill dispensers is that they make the correct dose, and only the correct dose, available at the correct time. All other pills are safely locked in the dispenser out of sight, helping prevent an incorrect dose or an overdose being taken.
Recent studies have shown that the use of Pivotell dispensers results in better self-management of medication, enabling a person:
• to enjoy an improved quality of life
• to remain independent at home for longer and
• to be less reliant on family members, health and social care services.
If a person:
• has a problem managing their medication,
• is on a stable medication regime,
• wants to take their medication correctly, but has some confusion, so that he or she:
• has difficulty remembering time and date and
• has difficulty making a rational choice about which compartment to open in a medication blister pack or dossette box then:
He or she may benefit from a Carousel Automatic Pill Dispenser.