Advanced Technology - Enhanced Security
The Careousel® Advance dispenser has many advanced features including:
- Security - a self-locking shutter over the lid opening prevents access to the medication tray except at the time that medication is programmed to be available. This prevents the possibility of double dosing or the forced movement of the medication tray by the user .
- Display - the LCD display will be visible though the lid allowing the user and carer to view: the date and time, the time that the next dose is due, the number of doses remaining, the battery level
- Batteries - It will be possible to use both Alkaline AA and re-chargeable batteries.
- Upside Down - if a dosage time occurs when the dispenser is upside down it will alarm as normal but the tray will not move forward. Then when it is returned upright it will move to the correct position for that time of day.
- Daily Alarm Times - 1-24.
- Compartments - 28.
- Two or more compartments can be programmed to alarm at the same time (for those with many or large pills).
- Start delay function - delays activation to allow pharmacists or family members to easily fill in advance away from the user's home.
- Stop function - deactivates dispenser - useful for those using multiple dispensers in the home.
- A Pharmacy label carrier and label case is supplied.
- Day / time discs supplied (for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 times daily dosage and one blank disc for five or more doses per day).
- Battery life - 12 months .
- Battery level meter and warning indicator .
- Secure battery case cover to deter tampering (screw provided)
- Spare trays, lids and time discs available for off-site filling by family members or pharmacists.
- Four different alarm sounds.
- Flashing light for those with hearing impairment .
- Lockable - only the medication due can be accessed by the user .
The LCD display feature is of particular benefit to carers / family members who can make a visual check on the status of the dispenser without having to open it, allowing the user and carer to view:
- the date and time
- the time that the next dose is due
- number of doses remaining
- the battery level
When horizontal the display will show the Date and the Time in sequence. At the Alarm Time the display will show 'Take Med'. When tilted forward the display will show in sequence (dates and times etc shown here are examples):
- NEXT DOSE 16:30 MON || DOSES LEFT 9 || B (battery level) 75% || DATE: 23 SEPT 2011
- When only 4 doses remain the display will additionally show DOS 04. After this dose has been dispensed DOS 03, DOS 02, DOS 01 and finally DOS 00 will be displayed in sequence with the DATE and CLOCK
- When the battery capacity is less than 20%, LOWBATT will be displayed in sequence with the DATE and CLOCK